Mining is one of the main aspects of Minecraft. But some of you might much rather spend that time doing other things such as building. Loot-tastic is an add-on which aims to improve the type of loot which is dropped by killed mobs. This means for example that you can get diamonds and iron ingots from cows.
Updated: 11 November, 2016 (read changelog)
How does it work?
How much time have you spent looking for diamonds, iron or other valuable items in Minecraft? I guess it’s probably a lot of time. Sure, it can be fun but it’s also incredibly time-consuming. If you want to cut down on some of your time spent mining then look no further..
Cows, sheep, pigs and chickens will now drop diamonds, iron ingots and gold nuggets. (A detailed list can be found further down on this page.)
Capture some innocent animals and kill them. That’s factory farming taken to an entire new level!
But boy, is it worth it?! By killing 16 cows I got 7 iron ingots and 2 diamonds. I think it’s worth it seeing as I would have likely had to spent at a minimum 20 minutes if I wanted to find those items just by mining.
Is it a cruel way to treat animals? Most definitely. But then again, this is just Minecraft, so chill out!
New Loot Drops
- 1 – 2 Iron Ingots (Chance: 80 %)
- (New) 2 – 8 Quartz (Chance: 8%, Looting 1.5%)
- 1 – 2 Iron Ingots (Chance 80%)
- (New) 1 – 3 Carrots (Chance: 8%, Looting 0%)
- 1 – 3 Gold Nuggets (Chance: 80%)
- (New) 1 Gold Apple (Chance: 3%, Looting: 0%)
- 1 – 2 Iron Ingots (Chance: 80%)
- 1 Diamond (Chance: 6%)
- 1 Saddle (Chance: 4%, Looting: 0%)
- 1 Diamond Pickaxe (Chance: 1.9%, Looting: 0.03%)
(New) Increased Percentages (%)
- Wither Skeleton Skull (Before: 2.5% (Looting 1%), Now: 4.0% (Looting: 1.5%))
- Iron Ingot, Carrot, Potato (Before: 2.5% (Looting: 1%), Now: 10% (Looting: 10%))
- New drops for mobs
- Increased percentage (%) for some drops
- Download Behavior .McPack
- Apply the pack for a world in-game